Sunday, January 4, 2009

FOR ADOPTION: Novaya and Choco

Greetings! This website was designed with the hope to help you better understand the puppies that I am currently fostering in Grenada, Carribeans.

"Novaya"
6 month old
I named her "Novaya" for "New" in Russian because she came into my life around the New Years. She is beige with white marks. Her legs are long. She LOVES HUMAN INTERACTION and will actively seek out your affection. She follows me everywhere including into the bathroom ;) She is a fast learner and aims to please. She has learned to go to the bathroom outdoors and will do a pretty sit when presented with food. Very confident and affectionate. We tried walking on a leash yesterday. Initially, she resisted (she is a true street dog) and I had to coax and drag her. After 15 minutes she followed and even led.

"Chocolate"
6 month old
She is Novaya's companion. She is black with brown spots on top of her eyes. She too has extremely long legs. Chocolate is shy around people. While Novaya happily bounced into my apartment for food, Chocolate was hesitant and took guards. It took a few days to gain her trust. Whenever I pass by Chocolate in my apartment, I have to actively praise her ("Gooooood Girrrrrlll") and try to pet her. Initially, she showed fear and tried to hide from my hand. But today in the morning, she rewarded my constant efforts by waking me up in the morning :)

A few days ago (January 2, 2009), Choco got hit by a car. This is what happened: Choco and Novaya are wise dogs when it comes to cars. They know to duck when there's oncoming cars. However, that day I took Tinky out for a walk. They followed and were playing chase with each other (Choco and Novaya). Their puppy chase intensity got a better hold of them and Choco did not duck in time for the oncoming car. It was a pitiful scream as the car hit Choco. I ran to her and she made a sound (it sounded like a whimper of her last breath), defacated all over and blood came out from her nose. Long story short, she is a survivor and is on the way to recovery.

Each puppy (Choco and Novaya) gives me a great deal of pleasure. Choco---it is rewarding to see her come out of her shell and greet me with a wagging tail, letting me pet her, and soaking in my praise without showing fear. Novaya--it is rewarding to see her seek affectionate and respond to my positive reinforcement.

We are going to the vet on Monday and will keep all updated on their health status :)

No comments:

Post a Comment